My Favorite Things #001: SIP burrito, JBL Go and M&G Office G pens.

by Rose

The 2018 FIFA World Cup ends this weekend and I have mixed feelings about the tournament. As much as I enjoyed watching hot guys chasing ball, it’s different when it’s your team who’s actually playing in the finals. But what’s done is done. I sincerely hope Spain recovers their winning form with this new manager because I’d love to see them flourish in Euro 2020.

In other news, Big Bad Wolf is finally open to the public! Naturally, the public went crazy over books being sold for quite a steal. I haven’t been there yet. Maybe next week when the crowds have subsided a bit and I’ll have ample budget to splurge on books I like.

It’s amazing what retail therapy can do to lift one’s spirits. I had the chance to purchase some stuff online over the past few weeks and I’m pretty pleased with their usefulness.

SIP Burrito

My SIP burrito (see above photo), for instance, comes in handy when I bring packed or order in lunch for the office. I’m gradually getting used to using stainless steel straws for drinks and the bamboo cutlery are sturdier than what I’ve expected. I love how these baby steps towards a zero-waste lifestyle made me conscious about slowly eliminating my dependence on single-use plastics.

JBL Go

I had long been toying with the idea of purchasing a Bluetooth speaker when I came across my office-mate’s JBL Go. The size was perfect. Even better was that Lazada had it on sale. So I got mine for quite a steal and now we’re happily blasting our Spotify playlists at home during weekends.

M&G Office G Pens

Are you as fascinated with ballpens as I am? It’s always been my go-to bookstore purchase when I feel like buying something. While I’ve been a My Gel user for the longest time, nowadays I’m all about the M&G Office G. I was heartbroken when it was out of stock for a few days that I bought 4 as soon as it became available.🤣

What are your favorite stuff these days?

6 comments

Diane July 17, 2018 - 10:37 PM

Wala kang aasahan sa aken sa FIFA World Cup hahahahaah Maybe the hot guys can attract me, pero in general, hindi ata talaga ako inclined sa sports. Napipilitan lang dahil PE classes at sportsfest sa workplace HahahahahaBringing your own utensils is super approved!!! Minsan off ako sa paggamit ng stainless utensils sa malls, yung iba kasi parang hindi naman nalilnis talaga. If disposable, madali maputol or yun na na nga, waste contributing. Medjo nainggit ako sa JBL speaker. How much does it cost? It’s tempting to buy for me kasi ang cute hahahahaha I’ll always say yes to retail therapy. Pero mas okay ang bookstores, than department stores and grocery. Hindi ko need i-explain hahahawwwUy, punta ka sa Big Bad Wold ha? Share your finds too

Rose July 18, 2018 - 8:03 AM

Believe it or not, the JBL Go speaker was only around 949PHP in Lazada, factor in shipping cost less than 1,100 pa rin. Eh 1,400 yung running price niya sa malls here.😀 Swerte talaga.

re: World Cup – wala rin naman akong sport, eh. Hanggang spectator lang ako pero for some reason mas invested ako dito than basketball. Haha!
Crossing my fingers may aabutan pa kami sa Big Bad Wolf. My sister and I agreed na tig-one book lang kami each pero good luck nalang talaga once you’re in the venue na. My friend, who isn’t even as bookish as we are ended up buying 5 books nga eh.

🤣

rona July 18, 2018 - 9:23 AM

May housemate ako dati na sa tuwing pupunta ng National Bookstore bibili talaga sya ng ballpen. Hindi naman sya nagco-collect pero nahihiya ata sya na lumabas na wala man lang nabili, hahaha. Happy shopping pala sa Big Bad Wolf! For sure at least more than one mabibili nyo dyan! 😀

Rose July 18, 2018 - 5:04 PM

Haha, Ini-expect ko na talaga na more than two books ang mabibili namin sa BBW. Good luck trying to trim down book choices. Yung ballpen naman ganun din ako before. Trip lang talaga bumili kahit meron pang gumagana na pens for me.

Bee July 20, 2018 - 4:36 PM

I’ve been seeing a lot of products like SIP and I’m becoming more interested in buying one. Kasi sobrang nakakaguilty yung ang daming waste at garbage na hindi nadidispose ng maayos. 🙁 Btw, where did you buy it po?Bee | http://beecaluya.com

Rose July 20, 2018 - 4:46 PM

Hi Bee! Thanks for dropping by. I got my SIP burrito from their website directly – https://sip.ph/. It usually runs out of stock pretty fast so just visit it from time to time (I ordered mine on a Friday, got it by Tuesday the following week).😀 Hindi na nga ako gumagamit ng straws when I go to fastfoods. Sanayan lang talaga. Hehe.